Sunday, April 19, 2009

Faith in action

Faith and action seem inseparable: without faith there is no action, but without action faith doesn’t do any good. The past couple years of my life have felt more like tripping and stumbling down an unknown road than gracefully gliding along. But what takes more faith: gliding along on a nice solid path or not letting scraped knees keep you from pressing on?
When I was six years old I told people that I wanted to grow up to be a martyr. I was too young to understand what that fully encompassed, but something about the martyrs’ stories entranced me. They lived completely in faith, unafraid to do anything to serve the God they loved; fear was replaced with incredible passion. As a result, God used them to change lives, countries, even eternity. That is what I want my faith in action to look like each and every day…although I think it’s more like God doing the action and me holding on as tightly as I can. But then again, isn’t that how it’s supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment