Friday, April 17, 2009

Serving in the Philippines

My dear friends,

“Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!”
I pray you are having a beautiful and blessed week. God is so good! He has bestowed the great privilege and honor upon me to serve His people this summer. From June 8th to August 5th, I will be interning with a mission’s agency called Food for the Hungry. This is an amazing organization that strives to meet the spiritual and physical hungers of people in over 23 countries around the world; it’s about saving the dying, one at a time.

This summer I will be working at Food for the Hungry headquarters in Phoenix, AZ to find ways to improve the child sponsorship program. Through Child Sponsorship, the world’s poorest children are able to have their spiritual, educational, physical, and emotional needs met while at the same time blessing the people who sponsor them. I sponsor a little girl and have felt such joy from writing and praying for her. Knowing that I have the opportunity to work with the entire sponsorship program, I know God will bless and teach me so much!

As part of my internship I will also be traveling to the Philippines. While there I will be building wells, repairing houses, conducting basic health training, and running a camp for children. Not only will this give me the opportunity to serve God and those in extreme poverty, but to also experience first hand how work in the Phoenix office directly affects work in the mission’s field and how vital both aspects are to missions.

God has been so faithful in supplying all of my financial support but there is still a need for much prayer! For the Philippines, I ask you pray against the effects of poverty, for revival in the church and a turn from animism, and for the children. Often they are the most vulnerable and hurt in all aspects of poverty. For myself, please pray for the strength to continue to say “Whatever You want God” throughout this entire summer. I ask you to pray for safety, both spiritually and physically, and I especially ask that you pray for magnification; that God would magnify every action I do, to touch more people and bring Him more glory than I can even fathom. I thank God in advance for what He is going to do this summer! And I thank you for being a part of it. I know its going to be big! And I know its going to be life changing!

Love in Christ,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment