Saturday, April 18, 2009

unworthiness in the midst of glory

Isaiah 6 is an account of the Prophet Isaiah’s calling from God. He is given a rare glimpse into the majestic throne room of God and his descriptions are breathtaking. But Isaiah becomes overwhelmed by his own failures and falls on his face, unworthy, before God’s splendor. But God does not see Isaiah’s shortcomings. Instead, He forgives him and asks who He should send as a messenger. Isaiah, without question, hesitation, or doubt, strongly declares that he will go. This passage has been close to my heart for many years. So many times I have fallen on my face and cried out to God; I have wept because of my unworthiness in the presence of His glory. But each and every time, my Lord bends down to wrap His arms around me and whisper comforting words in my ear, showering me with His undying love. How can I not, then, after what He has done, stand like Isaiah and declare, “Here am I, send me” (Isaiah 6:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment